1. Does the firm have Internet, or File Transfer Protocol (FTP) capacity to send information to or receive information from client?
Response: Yes—Persolve has Internet and/or File Transfer protocol (FTP) capacity for sending and receiving client information.
2. Are all electronic data exchanges secured with 128-bit (or better) encryption?
Response: Yes—Persolve uses Microsoft Exchange Hosted Encryption e-mail and secure FTP for file transfers that are at least 128-bit encryption.
3. Does the firm currently utilize legal collection software? If yes, what is the software?
Response: Yes—Collection-Master: Collection Legal Software (CLS).
4. Does the firm have an in house technical support capable of supporting clients interface requirements?
Response: Yes—Persolve employs an IT Manager. Also, in the event that our IT Manager becomes unavailable, we have an external vendor available who has access to all of our computer information.
5. Please attach disaster recovery plan for all areas of firm (IT, Accounting, Operations, etc.).
Response: Persolve has adopted a “Disaster Plan” which includes steps
for recovery from a disaster. The Plan describes steps to be taken regarding
the status of our (a) facility, (b) equipment, including computers, and (c)
telephone system, copiers and fax machines. A copy of Persolve’s
Disaster Plan is included in the APPENDIX to this NCO Attorney RFI.
6. Does the firm utilize a firewall to protect their network?
Response: Yes—Sonicwall TZ170
7. Are the Network(s) and workstations protected by anti-virus software with current definitions?
Response: Yes—Symantec Anti-Virus software
8. Does the firm maintain appropriate procedures and technology to detect suspicious network activity?
Response: Yes—the Company’s Firewall (Sonicwall TZ170) monitors and logs all internet traffic.
9. Does the firm implement appropriate password parameters for systems that access or transmit client confidential information to prevent unauthorized disclosure?
Response: Yes—“strong” passwords are required to gain access to all systems. In addition, we use Microsoft Hosted Encryption Service to encrypt all outgoing e-mail with attachments that may contain confidential information. Further, file transfers of client confidential information is either encrypted or secured to the transport layer.
10. Does the firm have restricted access to internal data rooms?
Response: Yes—Persolve’s access to an internal data room is maintained in an air conditioned and locked room. Access to the Company’s servers and software programs is limited to the IT Director and President.
11. Does the firm have restricted access to phone closets?
Response:Yes—Persolve’s access to the telephone room is maintained in an air conditioned and locked room. Access to the Company’s telephone room is limited to the IT Director and President.
12. Does your firm have video surveillance and burglar alarms?
Response: The Company has a burglar alarm but no video surveillance equipment.
13. Does the firm have access control processes that will require employees or temporary personnel to present badges to obtain access to certain locations?
Response: Yes—our office has electronically controlled access which can only be entered through the use of a fob and those fobs only allow access during the employee’s work hours. Hence, the doors are always locked.
14. Does the firm have a visitor control process? Does the firm maintain a log of all visitors?
Response: Yes—the Company’s Office Manager is stationed just inside the office door, which provides for immediate screening of all persons entering and exiting the building. However, Persolve does not maintain a log of all visitors.
15. Where is the physical location of the firms fax machines and photocopiers?
Response: The photocopiers and printers are located in legal and collector production areas within sight range of supervisorial staff and management.
16. How does the firm destroy confidential information?
Response: All confidential information which is to be destroyed is placed in locked shredding boxes. The confidential paper is collected monthly or more frequently, if required, by a third party company that shreds the documents on the truck prior to journeying to its next customer.
17. Does the firm conduct background checks? If yes, what kinds of background checks are conducted (criminal, employment, education, etc)?
Response: On the first day of employment, Persolve obtains a signed permission form to run a background check on each prospective employee.Information is entered online using selected components for National Criminal file and identity verification, which is provided by Lexis-Nexis. We also obtain the right to run a credit report and check the candidate’s references.
Also, if an employee is hired through a recruiting agency, the agency will conduct background and reference checks prior to Persolve hiring the candidate.
18. Does the firm utilize a dialer? If so, what type?
Response: Yes—Persolve uses an outsourced whisper dialer system through IAT (Smart Dial) which will be utilized by our dialer collectors to attempt contact with debtors on their land-lines. Further, we will utilize our hand dialer staff to call all cell phone numbers in compliance with Federal law.